- At Abbotsford School we will create confident, connected, actively involved learners for life.
Our School Expectations:
- We treat others the way we would like to be treated
- We are honest
- We are kind
- We speak nicely to other people
- We keep everyone safe
- If a child is unwell or unable to attend school we ask that parents/caregivers phone the absence line by 9.00am Ph 488 2642 (option 2)
- Whole school assemblies are held on Friday at 9.00am in Weeks 3, 6 and 9 of each term. Parents and whanau are welcome to attend.
- Lunches are available through www.lunchonline.co.nz
Tuesday – Sushi Wednesday – Parent Committee lunches Friday – Subway
- All stationery requirements are available from the school office
- The school newsletter is emailed to families
- Donations are $120 for one child and $160 for two or more children
- Donations may be paid at the start of the school year, part payments are welcome throughout the year and direct payment facilities are also available
- Donations are tax deductable
The Board of Trustees greatly appreciates the support of parents in paying the donation. This contribution allows us to provide additional resources and support for our children
- We provide a range of opportunities for Education Outside the Classroom to enrich children’s learning. Parents are asked for a contribution towards the costs of activities at the start of each term
School Closures / Late Starts
- Dunedin can sometimes be affected by snow during the winter months. School closures and late starts are advertised on all local radio stations, on this website and on the school cancellation line. An email is also sent to families.
- The school is open to children from 8.30 am
- Classes begin at 9.00am and finish at 2.50 pm
- Morning Interval is from 10.30-10.50 am
- Lunchtime is from 12.30-1.20 pm